you are calling js function named 'showCa' but your javascript function name is 'showCap'
When/Where do you actually pass these values to servlet?

M--

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Sayre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: request.getParameter is returning the wrong value

On 5/8/07, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: Richard Sayre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: request.getParameter is returning the wrong value
>
> The problem I am have is when a user clicks the link
> showCa.jsp?id=2345
>
> The request.getParameter("id") is returning the wrong id!

This is usually caused by application code storing some value in the
wrong scope, or erroneous use of static variables.  Storing a
request-specific item in the session or servlet objects is one such
example.

 - Chuck

I store a 'UserSession' object in Tomcats session but it does not
contain a variable called "id".  This is the only variable/object that
I am storing in that scope.  Everything else is using the 'page'
scope.

I am passing the "id" parameter through the URL (HTTP GET Method).

The Generated HTML looks like this:

<a class="row" href="javascript:showCa(1818);">1818 2007/04/13</a>

The showCa function:

function showCap( vId ) {

   top.location.href="showCa.jsp?editFlag=" +
document.theForm.editFlag.value  + "&activeTab=" +
document.theForm.activeTab.value + "&id=" + vId;
}

The JavaScript function redirects the browser.

On the showCa page the URL in the browser has the right ID.  The
request.getQueryString(); returns the proper query string but the
request.getParameter("id") does not return the id that is in the URL
or QueryString