Hi, I am preparing a self enrollment webapp for generating client
certificates and adding them to the server keystore. I know that
Tomcat won't reload keystore unless the server is restarted, so I did
look for alternatives, and the JSSE guide explains an approach to this
in the section "Creating Your Own X509TrustManager".

My question is: Does anybody in this list have some experience solving
this problem?, providing tomcat a custom trust manager to dynamically
add a client certificate to the verification path when client
credentials are presented?

Can self-enrollment be done using Tomcat and JSSE? maybe it can't be
done I am just wasting my time ;) I have searched a lot in the last 3
days, tomcat list archives and other materials, I have not found a
single solution to this problem, except for the JSSE guide and this
article, that explains how to create a trustManager and a SSLContext
for implementing S/MIME with JavaMail:

* http://www.javaworld.com/javatips/jw-javatip115.html

Thanks a lot for any feedback you can provide.

Regards,
Martin