Hi All

I am having a problem uploading a xar file.  I get "Java Heap Space, Out
of memory exception" (full message below).

I've downloaded the latest version of XWiki for windows xp (beginner's
version with HSQLDB & Jetty).

In my start_xwiki.bat I have set "set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx1600m -Xms512m".
1.6gb is the maximum as xwiki would not start if I go over this.

I don't think I have CATALINA.bat any ware so I din not find where to
set CATALINA_OPTS.

I have changed file upload size to 133MB by going to
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/edit/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=objec
t  and changing Maximum Upload Size:.

The .xar file is 90MB downloaded as backup from
http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome.
I do not know what version this runs on since it is on one of the xwiki
farm things :-).

I have Win XP with 3.5gb memory available.

Has anyone had this error recently?

Regards
Ajdin Brandic

Here is the full error message:

A problem occured while trying to service your request. Please contact
the support if this happens again.

Detailed information:

        Error number 11014 in 11: Java Heap Space, Out of memory
exception
Wrapped Exception: null
com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 11014 in 11: Java Heap Space,
Out of memory exception
Wrapped Exception: null
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.fileupload.FileUploadPlugin.getFileItemData(FileUpl
oadPlugin.java:297)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.UploadAction.action(UploadAction.java:78)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:215)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:115)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
ocessor.java:431)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
236)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:830)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter.doFilter(Conversion
Filter.java:94)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.web.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestor
erFilter.java:287)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi
ngFilter.java:112)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationH
andler.java:471)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCon
text.java:633)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517)
        at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
        at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:983)
        at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
        at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244
)
        at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
        at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

Wrapped Exception:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.fileupload.FileUploadPlugin.getFileItemData(FileUpl
oadPlugin.java:293)
[...]

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee
only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.
Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you
should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the
purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and
do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.