On Jan 16, 2010, at 1:10 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET wrote:

> Thanks, very interesting update ! I particularly like the new xar import UI
> and features (did not install this version already though). History
> management will really improve migration activity.
>
> I don't clearly understand the new Model module... Could you explain what
> impact it can have, for programming for example ?

I've update the information in the release notes.

Extract:

"The goal is to provide APIs to remove all String manipulations around
documents and attachment names. It also introduces the concept of Reference for
any entity of the model and the parser/serializer associated. For now Wiki,
Space, Document and attachment are supported; classes objects and properties
should come in milestone 2.

>From a user point of view this will result in supporting any character in
>document names for example. In addition, this is also a step in the direction
>of supporting nested spaces (the storage would also need to be changed to
>support that).

In practice the existing code has not yet been fully refactored to benefit from
the new implementation. The work has been started in XWiki Enterprise 2.2
Milestone 1 and will continue in XWiki Enterprise 2.2 Milestone 2 and beyond.
"

Does that help?