Hello,

a collegue has now invested what happens in the Javascript parts:
the search field works correct on every page the user has no rights to
edit. In the other case the method from xwiki.js, which is used for
the registration of the event handler, is called while the input-Element
is not available in the DOM tree.
We hope this helps further investigation.

Best wishes

Werner Greßhoff