I reproduce the problem while logging in debug mode.
This is an excerpt :

11:45:34,519 [.../bin/viewattachrev/Documentation/WebHome/xwikisanitycheck.sql]
WARN  internal.DefaultVelocityEngine  - Deprecated usage of method
[com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki.parseMessage] in
/templates/viewattachrev.vm@4,12

DEBUG impl.SessionImpl                - opened session at timestamp:
13080447345
DEBUG jdbc.ConnectionManager          - opening JDBC connection
INFO  dialect.Dialect                 - Using dialect:
org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
DEBUG transaction.JDBCTransaction     - begin
DEBUG transaction.JDBCTransaction     - current autocommit status: false
DEBUG loader.Loader                   - loading entity:
[com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiAttachmentArchive#1260613346]
DEBUG jdbc.AbstractBatcher            - about to open
PreparedStatement (open PreparedStatements: 0, globally: 0)
DEBUG hibernate.SQL                   - select xwikiattac0_.XWA_ID as
XWA1_8_0_, xwikiattac0_.XWA_ARCHIVE as XWA2_8_0_ from
xwikiattachment_archive xwikiattac0_ where xwikiattac0_.XWA_ID=?
DEBUG jdbc.AbstractBatcher            - about to open ResultSet (open
ResultSets: 0, globally: 0)
DEBUG loader.Loader                   - result row:
EntityKey[com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiAttachmentArchive#1260613346]
DEBUG jdbc.AbstractBatcher            - about to close ResultSet (open
ResultSets: 1, globally: 1)
DEBUG jdbc.AbstractBatcher            - about to close
PreparedStatement (open PreparedStatements: 1, globally: 1)
DEBUG engine.TwoPhaseLoad             - resolving associations for
[com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiAttachmentArchive#1260613346]
INFO  def.DefaultLoadEventListener    - Error performing load command
org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: Exception occurred inside
setter of com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiAttachmentArchive.archive
        at
org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor$BasicSetter.set(BasicPropertyAccessor.java:65)
        at
org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.setPropertyValues(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:337)
        at
org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.setPropertyValues(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:200)
        at
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.setPropertyValues(AbstractEntityPersister.java:3571)
        at
org.hibernate.engine.TwoPhaseLoad.initializeEntity(TwoPhaseLoad.java:133)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.initializeEntitiesAndCollections(Loader.java:854)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:729)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:236)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.loadEntity(Loader.java:1860)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.entity.AbstractEntityLoader.load(AbstractEntityLoader.java:48)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.entity.AbstractEntityLoader.load(AbstractEntityLoader.java:42)
        at
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.load(AbstractEntityPersister.java:3049)
        at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.loadFromDatasource(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:399)
        at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.doLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:375)
        at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.load(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:139)
        at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.proxyOrLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:195)
        at
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.onLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:103)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireLoad(SessionImpl.java:878)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.load(SessionImpl.java:784)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.store.hibernate.HibernateAttachmentVersioningStore$1.doInHibernate(HibernateAttachmentVersioningStore.java:79)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.execute(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:1081)
        at
        at
        at
org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor$BasicSetter.set(BasicPropertyAccessor.java:42)
        ... 76 more
Caused by: org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.parse.TokenMgrError: Lexical error
at line 1, column 104.  Encountered: "$" (36), after : ""
        at
org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.parse.ArchiveParserTokenManager.getNextToken(ArchiveParserTokenManager.java:817)
        at
org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.parse.ArchiveParser.jj_ntk(ArchiveParser.java:685)
        at
org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.parse.ArchiveParser.authorName(ArchiveParser.java:527)
        at
org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.parse.ArchiveParser.delta(ArchiveParser.java:385)
        at
org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.parse.ArchiveParser.archive(ArchiveParser.java:96)
        at
org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.parse.ArchiveParser.load(ArchiveParser.java:60)
        at org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.Archive.<init>(Archive.java:259)
        at org.suigeneris.jrcs.rcs.Archive.<init>(Archive.java:273)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiAttachmentArchive.setArchive(XWikiAttachmentArchive.java:121)
        ... 81 more

Hope this help to understand the issue.
Maxime Sinclair