On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Roman Muntyanu
<rmunt...@softserveinc.com> wrote:
> Problem solved.
>
> I've modified /<tomcat-home>/bin/catalina.sh and added proxies to JAVA_OPTS
> variable definition:
>
> JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dappserver.home=$CATALINA_HOME
> -Dappserver.base=$CATALINA_HOME -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.mycompany.com
> -Dhttp.proxyPort=7777 -Dhttps.proxyHost=proxy.mycompany.com
> -Dhttps.proxyPort=7777 -Dftp.proxyHost=proxy.mycompany.com
> -Dftp.proxyPort=7777 -Xmx1738m -Xms1738m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m $XWIKI_OPTS"
>
> Thanks a lot, Thomas!
> (I can update XWiki documentation if you point me at the correct page. I'm
> now looking at
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Configuration )

Not sure where is the best place.
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Configuration is
more for xwiki.cfg/xwiki.properties files but that could do it too,
another general place for this could also be somewhere in
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation.

The Extension Manager documentation is on
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Extension+Module
and
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Extension+Manager+Application
(more UI oriented), might be a good idea to put a warning there since
there is not much other module that require access to Internet from
the server.

Thomas Mortagne