On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET
<jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I started investigating on Hierarchy Macro and Dynamic Hierarchy Macro
> (after reading this thread), I have some feedbacks that I didn't find in
> the list of JIRA issues. They mostly relate to trying to display a tree of
> a whole wiki structure:
> - "excludes": it would be nice to allow patterns here. Usually I don't want
> to filter out a space (though it can be useful), or a list of pages full
> names, but I want to exclude "*.WebPreferences" for example. Maybe with
> issue of not showing hidden documents, the need for this is not important.
> - "onlyroots": maybe something similar to the {{toc/}} macro param "depth"
> would be even more useful (and you would set "depth=1" for an equivalent to
> "onlyroots")
> - "displayvalue": really only nice-to-have, but instead of choosing a value
> one could like to specify a pattern, for example "${displayTitle}
> (${fullName})"
> - if you choose "displayvalue=displayTitle", and a document has an empty
> title, it shows an empty entry. Could be nice to fall back to doc.fullName
> for example in this case. Same for "displayvalue=title" I suppose.
> - "defaultparent": if it's highly recommended to set a value when tree is
> editable, I would either set a default value (like "Main.WebHome"), either
> refuse to drop documents at root if not set (or display a warning "you are
> about to create an orphan")

> - the Dynamic hierarchy macro scales better than the Hierarchy macro, but
> still there's an issue if there are too many entries at one level, which in
> my case prevents really using it at wiki scope or as a "space panel" as I
> have several spaces with many documents. If it's in a panel and you land on
> one of those spaces, the panel will never show up, and it will eat many
> resources server-side to not display anything at the end. Would be nice to
> introduce something similar to the solr facets, ie if there are too many
> items at a level load the first 10, and clicking on "..." loads next 10,
> etc (or have a configurable "maxitemsperlevel" param instead of 10).

I've already implemented this in the jsTree-based tree widget I'm
working on. I'm gong to modify the Dynamic Hierarchy Macro to use it.

> If you feel some JIRAs would be interesting out of these, tell me and I can
> create them,

Most of this is related to the Dynamic Hierarchy Macro so you can
report it in the corresponding JIRA project (if there is one).

Thanks for the feedback,
Marius