Phil Muldoon wrote:
Chris Moller wrote:

No guarantees, of course--the next-generation stuff may do things differently--but even as I type this, I'm hacking together a boilerplate framework that does exactly as described above.
Missed this in the last question, so apologies for the multiple emails. When can I get the ntrace/boilerplate code? Perhaps studying the code would render answers as well as just asking questions on the list ;)

I'll see if I can put something in some repo sometime in the next couple of days--with the proviso that I don't guarantee it won't slag your machine. It won't have much real function--perhaps nothing that ever sees the real light of day and using mechanisms the may change radically--but my still-a-bit-buggy sandbox code right now attaches to any number of command-line specified PIDs and then, asynchronously, reports the advent of command-line specified syscall entries and exits to stdout, and that's it. No interactivity.

Regards

Phil

--
Chris Moller

 I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but
 I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
     -- Robert McCloskey