Well, I compiled vala from git, and it indeed depends on 0.10 version
of solib, but this library is also built.

Are you sure that your build does not contain libvala-0.10.so.0?
best regards,

>Hello
>
>There seems to be a problem with the current release. Typing valac into
>the terminal gives:
>
>$ valac
>valac: error while loading shared libraries: libvala-0.10.so.0: cannot
>open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>The problem didn't exist with vala-0.9.4, which is the last version
>before 0.9.6 that I used.
>
>Anybody else has this issue?
>
>Regards
>Jörn
>

>> We are pleased to announce version 0.9.6 of Vala, a compiler for the
>> GObject type system.
>>
>> Vala 0.9.6 is now available for download at:
>>    http://download.gnome.org/sources/vala/0.9/
>>
>> Changes since 0.9.5
>>  * Drop deprecated support for assigning to construct properties.
>>  * Some refactoring in the code generator.
>>  * Bug fixes in bindings and vapigen.
>>
>> Vala is a new programming language that aims to bring modern programming
>> language features to GNOME developers without imposing any additional
>> runtime requirements and without using a different ABI compared to
>> applications and libraries written in C.
>>
>> valac, the Vala compiler, is a self-hosting compiler that translates
>> Vala source code into C source and header files. It uses the GObject
>> type system to create classes and interfaces declared in the Vala source
>> code.
>>
>> The syntax of Vala is similar to C#, modified to better fit the GObject
>> type system. Vala supports modern language features as the following:
>>
>>         * Interfaces
>>         * Properties
>>         * Signals
>>         * Foreach
>>         * Lambda expressions
>>         * Type inference for local variables
>>         * Generics
>>         * Non-null types
>>         * Assisted memory management
>>         * Exception handling
>>
>> Vala is designed to allow access to existing C libraries, especially
>> GObject-based libraries, without the need for runtime bindings. All that
>> is needed to use a library with Vala is an API file, containing the class
>> and method declarations in Vala syntax. Vala currently comes with
>> bindings for GLib and GTK+. It's planned to provide generated bindings for
>> the full GNOME Platform at a later stage.
>>
>> Using classes and methods written in Vala from an application written in
>> C is not difficult. The Vala library only has to install the generated
>> header files and C applications may then access the GObject-based API of
>> the Vala library as usual. It should also be easily possible to write a
>> bindings generator for access to Vala libraries from applications
>> written in e.g. C# as the Vala parser is written as a library, so that
>> all compile-time information is available when generating a binding.
>>
>> More information about Vala is available at
>>
>>         http://www.vala-project.org/
>>

>> Jürg Billeter

Mój klucz publiczny o identyfikatorze 1024D/E12C5A4C znajduje się na
serwerze hkp://keys.gnupg.net

My public key with signature 1024D/E12C5A4C is on the server
hkp://keys.gnupg.net