Hi Folks;

I have been running my qmail/vpopmail setup for about a year and things
have been going fine, but today a new domain was added using the
./vaddomain command and it wound up in the morercpthosts file which I
understand is fine as there are over 50 lines in the rcpthosts file.

The problem is I can not POP the new domain and I get the following
error..

[root@ns vpopmail]# telnet cedarcreek.net 110
Trying 64.65.49.30...
Connected to cedarcreek.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
user rudy
+OK
pass test
-ERR authorization failed
Connection closed by foreign host.
[root@ns vpopmail]#

I can logon to the account above using Sqwebmail and logon no
problem...as well the account above can send mail just fine.

In /var/qmail/control I have two files relating to "morercpthosts"
ie:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root           72 Aug 28 13:37 morercpthosts
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         2212 Aug 28 13:38 morercpthosts.cdb

I have also run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-newmrh to make sure things were up
to date..still no luck.

As well I have the following in that domains Vpopmail directory...
/home/httpd/html/vpopmail/domains/cedarcreek.net/

-rw-------   1 vpopmail vchkpw       2403 Aug 28 13:02 vpasswd
-rw-------   1 vpopmail vchkpw       4979 Aug 28 13:02 vpasswd.cdb

i have tried the list archives..but could not find any resolution
there...any ideas whats going on with my " morercpthosts" domain??

Using the following software:
qmail 1.03
vpopmail-4.9.5
sqwebmail-1.0.3

--

       best regards
                -michael

"Hello, and thank you for calling MicroSoft Technical Support.  May I
ask what version of the Code Red Worm your server is running?"

08/15/01 -- as Code Red runs amuck on 500,000 Winderz Servers.