On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 08:17 AM, Oriol wrote:
# telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK [EMAIL PROTECTED]
user sdfsdfhsu
+OK
pass bsdfsjdf
vmysql: sql error[3]: Table 'vpopmail.mydomain_com' doesn't exist
-ERR authorization failed
Connection closed by foreign host.

So as I've not created mydomain.com (the default domain) with vadddomain,
the vmysql module complains about it.
The problem is that the error appears in the pop3d output!! If someday the
mysql engine accidentally dies or there's any other problem with it, a
stupid mysql error will appear in the pop3 output , breaking the protocol.

It looks like we should review all of the code and change error message reporting from "printf (..." to "fprintf(stderr, ...". I'm pretty sure stderr gets sent to the logs. Can anyone confirm that?

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]