Hi Trell,

> Trells.com works just fine however the bazalar.com and others are
> giving me an error like Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference
> MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't
> treat it as local.

Besides the fact that I don't understand your weird directory structure:
This error is raised by qmail; vpopmail is not involved (yet).

Please post the output of /var/qmail/bin/qmail-showctl.

> To my knowledge vpopmail removes the locals entry and places everything
> in the virtualdomains file.

If the domain is in locals, it should be in [more]rcpthosts, too.
Otherwise your qmail configuration is broken.

If the domain is in [more]rcpthosts, vadddomain will not add it because
it already exists.

Conclusion: vadddomain will not delete the domain from locals to put it
into virtualdomains. Instead it will refuse to add the domain.

Jonas