On Monday 07 February 2005 01:56 am, Jeff Koch wrote:
> Hi Paul:
>
> We've tried that and found that most users either ignore the email, think
> it's a phishing attempt or don't know how to change the frequency with
> which their Outlook Express pops in.

I agree with Paul here..

you should send out the email, and give them a URL with some screenshots with
little pointers and circles (and of course, a default windows XP theme) that
walks them through how to do it.

Repeat this email every week for a month, and then start blocking accounts who
are abusing.  Also, you may want to update your AUP to say that checking your
pop email more than once every 10 minutes is a violation, notify your
customers about it, and implement the policy.

Applying a technical solution to an administrative problem is always a lot
more work than simply applying the iron fist.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]