Indeed they do.  I'm particular about noise as I use htpc's with my
televisions.  I don't want to watch something and have to listen to a
fan.  If I can barely hear a fan with the tv off, that is acceptable
but it must be very low noise.

I've avoided the noise problem by putting the VDR under the stairs where it can make as much noise as it likes. There it plugs in to a X-VGA splitter/broadcaster which sends duplicate signals over CAT-5 to each TV, where another small STB converts the signal back in to VGA. I've also put Infrared extenders everywhere. Result - a TV with no other hardware visible: no cables, no equipment, nothing. Just a TV on a wall bracket. Wife happy!