From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:55 PM
To: veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Best setup for NetBackup in 2 sites across the
WANlink

Based on what you describe, it seems you only want to backup servers in
a remote site but are not looking for a "DR" solution. It would be far
cheaper to have a single master server and a media server in the remote
site. This obviously keeps the license costs down and centralizes the
management.

"Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

04/30/2008 03:05 PM

veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Best setup for NetBackup in 2 sites across the WAN link

Dear Gurus,
What is the best setup for NetBackup in 2 sites across the WAN link?

I will have a tape library on each site.

- Should I purchase 2 NetBackup servers and manage them separately?
- Is it better (or cheaper) to purchase NetBackup server for a primary
site and media manager for the remote site?

Thank you,
Aleksandr

Own the landmark Planet Earth series on DVD!  Find more great gifts by
shopping online at http://discoverystore.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The
contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the
views of Discovery Communications, LLC.

<<ATT8983586.gif>>