--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, robert a/k/a r
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> which would make videobloggers all gen(i)uses  ;-/

Ha ha.

Seriously, though, we might say that if videoblogging is a genus, then
the various types of videoblogging (personal, citizen journalism,
experimental, fictional, etc.) are species (which can cross-breed,
obviously) and genres within those types (the usual ones, such as
comedy, drama, etc.) are races, though race isn't really an aspect of
scientific classification (and I wouldn't like to think that it could
be). Maybe videoblogging isn't a genus, but a family, in which case
the type of videoblogging is the genus and genres are species.

Regardless, the analogy doesn't need to be perfect, and, needless,
can't be. It's just fun to talk about videoblogging as if it were a
living creature.

Which, of course, it is.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM