On 5/6/06, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Suresh Govindachar wrote:

>   Please consider supporting expressions for syntax matching.
>   An example of usage is indicated below:

I don't quite get it.  ":syn match" commands use a pattern.  You can use
":exec" to get the pattern from an expression.  I don't see what else
could be done.

If you perhaps think of using an expression instead of a pattern: That
is impossible, the syntax HL code requires a pattern.

I think that was his intent, i.e. to have something like

syn match expr=( foldlevel(v:lnum) == 2 )

or maybe

syn match /\=( foldlevel(v:lnum) == 2 )/