Yes, I'll be doing that.  However, I was thinking of having a
deliverable version of the R&D stuff for those who would be interested
in trying things out, but don't have a compile env.

On 5/12/06, Yakov Lerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/12/06, Eric Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody has thought about having an unsupported
> version of Vim which has various enhancements and patches that aren't
> yet approved for the official version of Vim?

What if you upload your patch to www.vim.org/script site ?

I asked once to add the 'patch' submission type to
the dropdown menu of script types. Even though it was
not added, I think it's reasonable to upload patched there,
say under 'utility' category.

I think this increases visibility of the patch, and it makes
easy  for people to locate updated version of the patch.
To my estimate, much more people browse
www.vim.org/scripts that are subscribed to vim mailing list.

Yakov