On 18/04/10 15:32, Tom Link wrote:
Hi,

When I run gvim -u vimrc0 where vimrc0 is

set nocp
echom serverlist()

I get different results for gvim on windows (the list contains GVIM)
and on linux/gnome (the list is empty) -- assuming that no other
instance of gvim is running.

I'd expect serverlist() to behave the same on windows and on linux.

Regards,
Tom

On Unix, when run as root, gvim (7.1 or later, or 7.0 with patch 052) does not set itself up as server unless it has an explicit --servername argument.

On Windows I don't know, but I've been told that on Vista and later you don't get administrator privileges (even on an administrator account) unless you explicitly request them.

Log in as other than root, and you'll see gvim for Linux set itself up as a server too (if, of course, it is compiled with +clientserver).

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.
                -- General Omar N. Bradley