bisect to find the problem was introduced with v7.4.576:

Date:   Wed Jan 14 17:52:30 2015 +0100

    updated for version 7.4.576
    Problem:    Redrawing problem with 'relativenumber' and 'linebreak'.
    Solution:   Temporarily reset 'linebreak' and restore it in more places.
                (Christian Brabandt)

I could give a more detailed example, but Google groups might wrap it into a
confusing mess.

I suppose that using a block selection for part of a line that is wrapped with
'linebreak' is marginally useful so this problem is very minor.

Regards, John Little