I think you are running up against the case-insensitivity of Mac OS X
Extended FS.  By default i believe most Macs are formatted as Mac OS X
Extended (Journaled).  There is an option to create a Mac OS X Entended
(Case-sensitive, Journaled) partition.

This is not related to vim but the underlying FS.

in /tmp try this:

touch me ME

If you do a ls, you'll only see "me" and not "ME"  and visa versa depending
on which filename you put first after the touch command.

This blew my mind too as I thought the Mac OS was UNIX at heart.  If I'm
off base please let me know and tell me how I can fix my FS.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Srinath <srinath.vadlam...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Bumping since I never got a response.
>
> Do this:
>
> mvim foo.F
>
> type: foo.F in file (save and close).
>
> mvim foo.f
>
> type: foo.f in file (save and close)
>

> then run mvim -d foo.F foo.f
>
> These are 2 different files, but only the first loads.
>
> --

+xiaogwu <https://plus.google.com/107773553434423282536>
xiao...@gmail.com
(415) 891-9426 (GV)