I use split windows constantly and have gotten very accustomed to hitting <C-w>.
For this reason, I've added the following to my .vimrc

nnoremap <C-w>yy "+yy
nnoremap <C-w>y "+y
vnoremap <C-w>y "+y
nnoremap <C-w>dd "+dd
nnoremap <C-w>d "+d
vnoremap <C-w>d "+d
nnoremap <C-w>p "+p
vnoremap <C-w>p "+p
nnoremap <C-w>P "+P
vnoremap <C-w>P "+P

i believe a few of these conflict with (frankly, useless) window
commands like <C-w>p to go to the previous window.

it would be nice if there were a way to bind <C-w> (or your combo of
choice) followed by *any* keys that put text in a buffer to put it
into the system clipboard.

--
Christopher Suter