On 06/11/08 22:40, Linda W wrote:
> It's sorta embarassin', but I don't know how to copy Selected-text to the
> clipboard under Windows using the keyboard (i.e. Not going up to Edit, and
> using 'Copy').
>
> It DOES give a keyboard shortcut that it tells me I can use:
> "+y  (double quote, + y)
>
> I've tried holding down D)ouble Q)uote and pressing 'y' at the same time, that
> (like Ctrl+y or Ctrl-y)
> I've tried pushing the DQ, and y in succession.
> I've tried DQ, the '+' key and 'y' -- simultaneously and in succession...
> none of them work.
>
> is DQ supposed to be some thing meta-key my keyboard doesn't have?
>

> Sorry -- I'm just not getting this "+y
>
> thanks,.....

1. Select some text visually (using e.g. the v key then cursor moves)
2. Press and release the double-quote key.
3. Press and release the plus key.
4. Press and release the y key.

(depending on your keyboard layout, steps 2 and/or 3 may or may not
require using the Shift key too)

The former visual area is now in the clipboard.

On Windows, but not on Unix, "+ and "* are equivalent. In all cases, "+
("register plus") is the clipboard which other applications can paste
using the "Edit => Paste" menu item.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Maternity pay?  Now every Tom, Dick and Harry will get pregnant.
                -- Malcolm Smith