> ** NOTE: these scripts need wimtweak.dll (http://www.vim.org/scripts/
> script.php?script_id=687) **
>
> darkroom.vim
> -------------------
>  call libcallnr("vimtweak.dll", "SetAlpha", 210)
>  set go& go-=m go-=T go-=r stal&
>  call libcallnr("vimtweak.dll", "EnableMaximize", 1)
>  call libcallnr("vimtweak.dll", "EnableCaption", 0)
>  call libcallnr("vimtweak.dll", "EnableTopMost", 1)
>  map <special> <F12> :ru undarkroom.vim<CR>
[snip]
> The F12 key is used to switch between fullscreen and window mode. The
> scripts are placed in the main folder, where gvim is located.
> Following line must be added to _vimrc to map F12 for first use:
>
>  :map <special> <F12> :ru darkroom.vim<CR>

Nice to see these sorts of options on what I presume is the Win32
platform (as guessed by the .dll rather than .so ending).  On my
Linux boxes, I just use (non-g)vim in a console window -- my
window manager (fluxbox) can control transparency,
window-dressing (currently super+F12), maximization (currently
super+X), and layer (currently super+pgup/pgdn).  So I can do
this with any window I want, not just vim :)

-tim