Where in the fine manual is it mentioned how to change the colour of
the cursor and the colour of the matching parenthesis / bracket for
all file types? I have tried ":h cursor color" and several other
phrases, the only relevant one that I found it "h color" which did not
lead me to the answer. I have tried "highlight MatchParen cterm=bold
ctermfg=red ctermbg=blue" but this did not change the colour of the
matching parenthesis or bracket.

It seems that no matter what I define in .vimrc, VIM still uses the
reverse colours of the item (swap background and foreground) for the
cursor, and a cyan background for the matching parenthesis / bracket.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com