> On May 29, 2019, at 2:18 PM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> Anyway, I wanted to thank you for the suggestion of renaming the .vim file in
> netrw. After doing that I was able to get the process of importing the
> contents of my .vim folder into the renamed folder started via Dropbox
> accessed through the files app. Then I renamed the folder back to .vim.
>
> I say I “got the process started.” It’s been over an hour and it seems to be
> still going on. At this point the contents of my bundle folder have only been
> partially copied. Or maybe it’s just stopped without copying all the
> contained folders and files.

Finally after several tries and start-overs I believe I’ve got my entire .vim
file onto my iPad by accessing Dropbox from the Files app on the iPad. Also
copied over my vimwiki folder.

Now I just have to get it all working. For that I’ll have to relearn vim. I got
so comfortable with my MacVim setup on my MacBook that I’ve altogether
forgotten how i got it. With time. And a lot of hand-holding from folks here.
FWIW I’m not a programmer. Just a writer.

So thanks for the help. Would not have gotten even this far without it.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"(I)t is important that awake people be awake... the darkness around us is
deep."

- William Stafford

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/08F71741-4DD5-4A4F-AA5A-5FCFBD878574%40bellsouth.net.