I'd first go to the twitter site & remove my phone number from it. Whilst there, I'd change my password. Whilst also there I'd turn the text messages option off. It should happen when you remove your phone number. However if it doesn't make sure that text messages are turned off. Reply to the messages if you can on your phone with the word stop. Last but not least, close that twitter account & start a new.
Hope that this helps.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathy Blackburn" <kblac...@austin.rr.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 23:50
Subject: How can I stop unwanted Twitter text messages

For the last several days, I have been bombarded with text messages from Twitter from accounts I do not follow. Some are obviously spam, others are just juvenile silliness. For every account I report as spam, another appears. Short of cancelling my Twitter account, what can I do? I am forced to keep my iPhone in airplane mode for much of the day and night just to save my sanity. My cell phone service is from AT&T.

Kathy Blackburn
kblac...@austin.rr.com