Hello fellow Canadians,

I just wanted to pass this along since I was told about it yesterday and
just changed my plan. Here are the 3 scenarios under which you can take
advantage of this:

1.       You have to be an existing customer of Fido (which belongs to
Rogers) or Koodo (which belongs to Telus).

2.       If you are not an existing customer and want to switch you have to
make sure you are not under contract any more with your previous provider
and, of course, your iPhone has to be unlocked. If you have an iPhone and
have fulfilled your contract you can officially request unlock instructions
and once you are unlocked you can go where you please.

3.       If you want to switch to Koodo or Fido as a new customer and buy an
iPhone from them you can do this. I am not sure about Fido, but Koodo will
not lock you into a plan, however, they won't give you quite as good a deal
on the phone, either. If you are a new customer, they will give you $150 off
your phone. This means that for an iPhone 5 16 Gig which costs $670 here in
Canada, you would pay $520. If you sign up for a 3-year contract with Telus
you can get the same phone for $199 I believe, but then you are locked in
for 3 years. With Koodo once you have a plan, 10% of your plan cost every
month is applied to what they call your "Tab". The $150 they give you up
front and if you were to cancel your service with them after a few month you
would have to pay out whatever balance is left from the $150 less the
portion that was applied to that from your tab. If you bring your own phone
to them, then 10% each month are accumulated and if you want to buy a new
phone let's say in a year, you have whatever that balance is available.

Anyhow, I don't want to get into this any further, what I really wanted to
let everybody know is the promotion they have right now.

You get unlimited Canada wide calling any time (long distance and airtime),
unlimited texting, call display, voice mail and 2 Gigabytes of data for $56
a month + tax.

This is a super deal, I was a Koodo customer before and paid $55 just for
the unlimited calling, texting, call display and voice mail. I then had a
data flex plan which depending on how much I used (I don't use very much0)
cost me another $10 or $15 a month which means my total bill was usually $65
or $70 a month. Now I get everything I had before + 2 Gig of data for $1
more than I paid before for just the voice plan. I save $9 or $14 a months
and had I actually used close to 2 Gigs of data on the plan I had I would
have paid $30 more than what I am now paying on this promo.

I heard Fido is offering the same for $54 or $55 so even a Dollar or 2 less.

I am not sure what Telus, Bell and Rogers are currently offering, but I used
to be with Telus and always paid $70 or $75 and I didn't have the unlimited
calling/airtime so I always had to think whether the call I was about to
make was covered under the plan I had with Favourite Numbers, Free
Evening/Weekend Air Time, a certain number of daytime airtime minutes, 100
long distance minutes etc. I like the fact that with Koodo it doesn't matter
if I call during the day or on a weekend, whether it's local or long
distance or whether I am in my local area or not. As long as I am in Canada
it makes no difference and while I think it's not truly unlimited, I have
never used it all up.