From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:25 AM
Subject: RE: rolling back an app

Hi Robert,

There is only one way to go back to a previous version of an app and that is
to keep a copy of said app on your computer or not to update the apps in
iTunes until you have tested the apps on your phone to make sure any new
versions are still accessible. In more detail, here is how I do this, I am
using Skype as an example:

OK, so the current version of Skype is Skype 4.10.332.
Let's assume an update for Skype just showed up. What I do is as follows:

I go to the "Mobile Applications" folder which can be found in the iTunes
Media folder which in turn is in the iTunes folder. If your Windows user
name is "Robert", you use Windows 7 and have done a default iTunes
installation, the path would be c:\users\robert\music\iTunes\iTunes
Media\Mobile Applications.

I made a "App Backups" folder, you can put this wherever you want like My
Documents, but I suggest not to put it in the iTunes Media folder or the
Mobile Applications folder itself.
Now I simply find the current Skype app, copy it with Control+C, then I open
my App Backups folder and paste it in there with Control+V.
Now I have the copy of the Skype app which I currently use and which I know
is accessible.
I can now update Skype on the iPhone as well as on the computer.
OK, so let's assume the accessibility was broken and I want to go back to
the previous version. Here are the simple steps:

1. Delete the Skype app from your iPhone.
2. Go into iTunes and into the listing of your apps and delete Skype here as
well. You can move it to the Recycle Bin when asked or leave it and manually
delete it from your Mobile Applications folder. Keep in mind if you only
delete it from your Mobile Applications folder that it will still show up in
your list of apps in iTunes, however, since there is no physical copy the
entry/link to it in iTunes is sort of orphaned and won't do anything.
3. Now go to your App Backups folder, copy the previous version of Skype
with Control+C and paste it back into the Mobile Applications folder. You
may have to go to "File" and "Add Folder to Library", then point to the
Mobile Applications folder before Skype will show up in your list of apps
again.
4. Connect your iPhone. If you selected to "Sync all apps" you can just sync
your phone and the previous version of Skype should be reinstalled on your
phone. If you selected to "Sync Selected Apps" you might have to go to your
device in iTunes, check the Apps radio button, then tab to the list view of
all the apps, find Skype and check it, then sync.

The key here is to make a copy of a version of the app you want to roll back
before it's updated in iTunes and to put that copy somewhere you can later
retrieve it from.

Good luck,
Sieghard

but you could also have a no