That may have been true in the past, but the current version of the app allows
me to adjust temperature, schedule, and select which mode I want to use such as
cool heat or auto.

I think you would need professional help to install this thermostat. You need
to run a wire from the furnace to the thermostat for power, and I do not think
the visually impaired person would be able to program the Wi-Fi.

Chuck (mobile)