"Tim Waugh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 02:06:17PM -0700, Todd Allen wrote:
>
> > But the TightVNC version of vncviewer supported both -name and -title
options
> > to control the resource/window name and window title, respectively.
Those
> > options are absent from the RealVNC 4.0b4 version.  I used those options
> > control the geometry and some other properties of the viewer, and so my
> > window manager would know what to do special with each different
invocation
> > of vncviewer.  Is there anything comparable in the RealVNC version of
> > vncviewer?
>
> There doesn't seem to be I'm afraid.  Looks like it's hard-coded in
> TXWindow.cxx:
>
>   XClassHint classHint;
>   classHint.res_name = (char*)"vncviewer";
>   classHint.res_class = (char*)"Vncviewer";
>   XSetWMProperties(dpy, win(), 0, 0, argv, argc,
>                    &sizeHints, &wmHints, &classHint);

Yes, the window name and class are hard-coded at the moment, which is a bit
nasty.  I'll add a "-name" option in the next release.  If you're happy
recompiling from source you can easily change the "res_name" line above to
be:

classHint.res_name = (char*)name;

That will mean you can at least use the default window name ("VNC:
<desktop-name>") to identify different viewer windows to the window manager.

Cheers

Tristan