> I need to be able to differentiate on a per-viewer basis, not on a
per-desktop
> basis.  I have two different behaviors for vnc clients which attach to
this one
> server:

As a quick hack until the next release, you could just compile two viewer
binaries which set the res_name to different things.

> Nobody has said anything about the lack of X11 resource support in
vncclient.
> Is that something that was removed from RealVNC 4.0?  Or was it something
> that never was there in your branch of vnc, and which the TightVNC folks
> added only in theirs?  Is it something that you would consider for
RealVNC?

The version 3 viewer was based on Xt, but the 4.0 vncviewer isn't so
"resources" are meaningless to it (it uses parameters like all the other VNC
programs).  The only thing the "resource name" and "resource class" can be
used for is in identifying the viewer window to the window manager.

Cheers

Tristan