----- Original Message ----- From: "OrionWorks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Neuron of G-d

I'm reminded of a party scene in the classic movie "Animal House" where college freshman "Otter", under the influence of cannabis, is having his imagination temporarily -stretched- in the midst of a conversation with his English profession, played by an equally stoned Donald Sutherland.

"You mean all the atoms in my body are made up of electrons spinning around a nucleus," Otter exclaims "just like a miniature solar system?"

Suddenly, Otter grasps the implications, "Wow!"

Well, you had to remember the scene. ;-)

Nah, was Pinto who was having the "infinite regress" conversation with the Prof. Not sure where Otter was at the time, IIRC it was the Prof, Boone, Katie (Boone's girl) and Pinto (the new recruit, besides Flounder). Next scene ended up singing "Hey Paula". Yes, I've watched it too many times. :)

Hmm... I remember back in the days of my youth watching Carl Sagan discuss the same thing in his "Cosmos" series.

--Kyle