It is fortuitous you should post that, I was just writing a tome on a
similar subject, excerpts here:

The Principle of metaphysical ambiguity

I've been trying to formulate a metaphysical principle concisely for some
time
that I call the "Principle of Metaphysical Ambiguity". Someone else that I
heard speak had
another name for it which was better, but I can't remember what it was or
who said it :-( .

Based on that principle
I think Steorn should not do a public demo ,
nor seek press coverage (but should do a demo to supporters), rather they
should
quietly secure their intellectual property rights and assist in getting
a few products out that will minimally disturb the status quo.

As satisfying it may be to say "I told you so",
That'll just irritate people and I hope to elucidate the reasons below.

In my opinion, Steorn should pursue a strategy of having a few products
developed such as AA batteries, cell phone batteries, home generators etc.
without making any extraordinary claims about
them (even include the fuel tank in the generator :-) ).

Maybe have Walmart and Harrod's carry the lines without much fanfare.

Gradually users will come to realize that these products work better than
they expected.

I think demonstrations of LENR also are subject to this principle

There's a related effect also, called the "Experimenter Effect" ( and there
have been several experiments to verify it (isn't that ironic -- using the
scientific method to invalidate the scientific method :-)? ) -- See Marilyn
Schlitz) -- experiments turn out according to the expectations of the
experimenter, even if they are performed exactly the same in the same
physical location .

The reasoning and analogy:

For the moment, imagine us in physical reality as a game with certain rules
that we all play by. We'll call it "Earth 3D 21st century space-time".
There are lots of
other games on the shelf, but this one is the most fun and really quite
popular,
plus each player can hack his own instance of it at will.

Normally the rules of the game don't change much, and when they do, it is by
agreement of
all the players (each player has root privileges).

Occasionally there is a disturbance.  A few players want to change the
rules in the middle of the game without the agreement of the remainder.

A little cell breaks off from the game that mass consciousness is playing.

As long as the two groups don't interact there's no problem -- two
groups playing slightly different games.  Occasionally, the two groups with
different rules
(and views of physical reality) intersect.

The universe is remarkably clever at resolving such situations by the path
of least
resistance.  You can see many examples of this happening if you look around
with this
principle in mind.  There are also experiments that show the principle in
action.

Circumstances and events will occur that can be interpreted as supporting
both sides.

One example is James Randi vs.
remote viewing ( or James Randi vs. lots of things ).

There are hundreds of experiments proving remote viewing works, but when
trying to prove it to Randi, there's always some circumstance that precludes
it or
the results are ambiguous, so Randi can stay happy, and so can the RV group.

If someone is determined to force a conflict (interaction between disparate
groups),
the universe is infinitely clever at resolving the clash,
even going so far as to use retro-causality, and as a last resort,
forking off an entirely new reality ( I liked the TV series Sliders,
which dramatized that sort of thing ).

(see some papers by Dean Radin, for example, but that's a whole 'nother
discussion ).

(There are other groups playing games with very substantial differences from
ours
such that we could hardly fathom them, but it is quite rare for there to
be interactions in that case, although
there is occasionally some intersection, as when we see a UFO, or an
East Indian swami levitating, for example.)

In Steorn's case, bearing failure appears to be a resolution. Some of us are
confident
and continuing on with the experiments whereas the folks playing the
petroleum game may
continue to do so quite happily and unimpeded.

It doesn't take any conspiracy or men-in-black to cause these
kinds of things to occur although they may be employed if that is the path
of least resistance.

Have you ever noticed how people react when certain subjects are brought up
such
as over unity, cold fusion, conspiracy theories, remote viewing, UFO's, crop
circles ...?

Notice it's not just disinterest or disbelief that's projected,
rather it is active, sometimes hostile, or strong avoidance of the subject
as if they're saying
"This is the game I'm playing, please don't try to change my game -- it's
rude".

"Their eyes glaze over" is a phrase used often.

It *IS* rude and actually not appropriate to try to convince other people
of something they aren't asking for and don't want.

In conclusion, I think if Steorn holds another public demonstration, the
results must be
ambiguous. Knowing this, and deciding to go ahead, at least they could
decide how it's to
be ambiguous rather than letting the universe work it out for them.

P.S  I think SVJ you are  right, every person has his own instance of a
virtual reality game, modified by himself to suit  (there are experiments to
show that too).

Hoyt Stearns
Scottsdale, Arizona