Dr. Mitchell Swartz wrote:

At 01:04 PM 7/14/2007 -0400, Jed Rothwell wrote:

William Beaty wrote:

And whatever did happen with the CETI/Patterson-cell investors, staff,
management, etc.?

I head different things about the Patterson cell. Gene Mallove told me that it did, in fact, STOP WORKING when they ran out

 Fortunately, Dr. Patterson is still alive.

You've got to remember that the Patterson cell utilized nuclear reactions. They might be difficult to reproduce, and AFAIK, none of them is self powering, but the reactions are well understood and can be measured.

Permanent magnet motors, OTOH, why should they work?

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---