On 7/24/07, Michel Jullian wrote:

Talking about LED lights, they are very efficient too, last for ever,
contain no strange vapors, and turn on instantly, aren't they a
better replacement for incandescent than compact fluorescent?

Michel

A couple of days ago I bought my first LED flashlight from a Menards
hardware store. Cost around twenty bucks - American dollars.
Obviously, the model is a tad more expensive than the traditional
incandescent variety, but one assumes prices will eventually come
down. Has three LED settings depending on how many of the LED (cells)
one wishes to turn on. Appears to have a total grouping of six LEDs
(cells) altogether. The flashlight takes any combination of three,
six, or nine AA batteries. More batteries, the longer it will last. At
maximum capacity (nine AA cells installed) and minimum lighting level,
the chart claims the flashlight will stay powered for around 200
hours. Alkaline batteries are recommended.

At full strength the battery casts a definite almost pure bluish white
tinge - psychologically a VERY COOL cast. The cool color takes a
little getting use to. Comparatively speaking the amount of light that
seems to be generated at the maximum setting appears a LOT dimmer to
my eyes than traditional incandescent models, though that might be a
psychological perception on my part as "cool" lighting tends to appear
less bright or intense than warm lighting.

I can't see the individual red, blue, green LED cells which I presume
must be making up each CELL to make "white" light.

Could this battery only be using blue LEDs?

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com