----- Original Message ----- From: "Edmund Storms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Oct 25, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Robin van Spaandonk wrote:

<snip>.  Would not 17 eV be
required for the process?

In contrast, you assume that the final energy of the electron does not matter provided it moves far enough from the original atom before finding another state. If the Mills energy is based on this assumption, then the environment in which the catalyst is located is important. I agree, very little ambiguity is created when the material is in a gas, as is most of the Mills work. However, we are now talking about a solid mixture. I suggest this situation creates great ambiguity and must be acknowledged.

MC: We have be careful about *which* energy. The DSC plot shows that NaH goes strongly exothermic at a critical termperature. There is an endothermic phase change earlier. Is the NaH now a gas? If so, "solid" considerations no longer apply. Robin has pointed out that the whole molecule is a catalyst, and is listed as such by Mills. It is yet still a fuel, yielding Na++ and H[1/3] above a critical temperature. As Ed notes, there is seeming ambiguity and the exothermic behavior in the DSC plot is part of it.

In addition, I can imagine a range of energy being available in such a transition if I can arbitrarily choose a distance the electron has to move from its stable state before the energy being used is identified. If this is the nature of the process, what is the point of choosing the ionization energy as a criteria for the hydrino process working?

MC: Mills' language could be more cosistent. I believe he sees a relationship which is difficult to verbalize using the accustomed language of physics. "Energy hole" is a bit of jargon which representes a very complex situation. He has stated that the RT catalysis can be triggerd by any combination of ions and energies which create the resonant receptor. For example, the ionization of H is 13.6 eV, so a pair of H's can catalyse another H. Mills does not say the H's have to be ionized, as He+ or Ar+. His model has led to a very interesting place.

Regards,
Mike Carrell