Thanks, Ray, this is exactly what I needed, by coincidence. I wish your
item 2. was placed commented out and almost word for word into the standard
$TOPDIR/src/vpp/conf/startup.conf -- that would make things self
documenting.

Burt

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinse...@intel.com>
wrote:

> So there is an easier way
>
> 1. make -C build-root PLATFORM=vpp TAG=vpp sample-plugin-install
>
> 2. adjusting the plugin path depending on where the VPP src is, add the
> following to your startup.conf
>
> plugins
> {
>         path /root/src/vpp/build-root/install-vpp-native/sample-plugin/
> lib64/vpp_plugins/:/root/src/vpp/build-root/install-vpp_
> debug-native/vpp/lib64/vpp_plugins
> }
>
> Ray K
>

> On 26/05/2017 12:53, Alessio Silvestro wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to build the sample vpp-engine plug-in as explained here
>> (https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/How_To_Build_The_Sample_Plugin).
>>
>> I already tested my vpp installation, for instance it works when I
>> created a Source NAT.
>>
>> I downloaded the most updated version of the sample-plugin and run the
>> following commands:
>>
>>    sudo sh
>>    cd /usr/share/doc/vpp/examples
>>    cd /tmp/sample-plugin
>>    libtoolize
>>    aclocal
>>    autoconf
>>    autoheader
>>
>> ERROR 1:autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.ac
>> <http://configure.ac>
>>
>>    automake --add-missing
>>    chmod +x configure
>>    vpp_plugin_configure
>>
>> ERROR 2:vpp_plugin_configure: command not found
>>

>> So, first I have an error from the command autoheader.
>>
>> Second, I do not have the command vpp_plugin_configure.
>>
>> Any hints?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Alessio

  • ... Alessio Silvestro
    • ... Guy Doucet -X (gudoucet - FLEXTRONICS CANADA DESIGN SERVICES INC at Cisco)
      • ... Alessio Silvestro
    • ... Kinsella, Ray
      • ... Burt Silverman
        • ... Luke, Chris