On 31/01/2007, at 7:58 AM, Paul Mulroney wrote:

Hi Everyone,

This is a weird one. I've got iTunes 7.0.2 running on my iBook, OSX 10.4.8, and I've noticed recently that iTunes is just starting up automatically. I'll quit iTunes, and then a few minutes later it starts again by itself.

Hi Paul,

A couple of things you could check.

Do you have any iTunes related Widget running, ("iTunes" and "iTunes Artwork")
 if so disable them and watch if the problem disappears.
.
Are you actually "quitting" iTunes by going to the iTunes Menu > Quit iTunes or by the keyboard (Command+Q)?

Or are you just clicking on the red button at the top of the program window, which actually does not quit the program. (The program is still open if you see a small rectangle symbol under the icon in the dock.)