Hello Rosemary,

Have you used the Nokia Multimedia Transfer successfully in Leopard prior to getting your E71?

If not, are you using the latest version of Nokia Multimedia Transfer v1.4 Beta for Mac OS X 10.5.5?
<http://europe.nokia.com/A4423134>

What iPod are you using?
How are you trying to add photos to your iPod, are you syncing a selected photo album to your iPod through iTunes?