I have always treated non genuine inks with caution. Obviously it depends on the purpose of the print. Fine art and archival is one end of the scale, routine document printing is the other, relatively short term family photo prints are in the middle. I bought a colour laser printer some years ago to handle large volumes of routine document printing with coloured letterheads and some graphics. That was nearly three years ago and to date I have only replaced the black cartridge and that fairly recently. In that period I have probably done 7000+ A4 sheets. Fuji-Xerox C525A, cost less than $400 and the best printer investment ever. I retain an Epson SP1290S and an Epson R2880 for art work, and yes, they still chew up the ink cartridges and expensive papers, genuine Epson of course!
If you have large volume document printing go for a laser printer!
My sixpennyworth
Severin Crisp