On 20/6/10 9:55 PM, "Callum Prior" <cal...@firstagainstthewall.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've slowly been converting my family over to Apple, and it seems I've had
> some luck with my partner's family as well.  Her dad has just bought a new Mac
> and he's been asking my advice about accessing the iTunes store in different
> countries as he splits his time between Indonesia and Australia and would like
> the ability to purchase from the store in both countries.
>
> My understanding is that he'll need two separate iTunes Store accounts, one
> for each country.  Is it the case that your ability to purchase from a
> particular store depends on you having a valid billing address for that
> country, and that you can switch accounts within iTunes?
>
> Or will he be able to access the Australian store from Indonesia providing he
> has a valid Australian account?
>
> Does anyone have any experience or advice around this?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Callum

Hi Callum

>From my understanding, and I can't find the info I was looking for, but
he'll be able to access his Australian account from overseas.
The AppleID he creates will be linked to his Australia address, therefore
all the content he has access to (in Australia and overseas) is the
Australian store.

For using other countries iTunes Stores, you have to create a different
account, with an address and credit card based in that country.
Although, legally I think it's written into iTunes Terms and Conditions you
aren't meant to do that. (Though I'm not a lawyer, so don't quote me on that
) :o)

So, basically, he'll only need the one iTunes Australia account to access it
from both places.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Daniel