On 30/09/2010, at 1:44 AM, Neil Houghton wrote:

> Hi Ronni,
>
> Thanks very much for that info.
>
> I must admit, I’m extremely unimpressed with Apple’s approach here. One of
> the great things we found on our holiday was the ability to easily transfer
> photos – not only to our own computer, but also to friends/people we met. Now
> it appears that it is beyond the capabilities of my new iPhone – I have to
> have a cable in my pocket – and, even if I do, I’m not sure how that would
> work with, say, a windows laptop (without iTunes installed?).

Although Apple doesn't support file transfer via Bluetooth natively, there is
plenty of third party support for this. Go to the iTunes Store and search for
"Files". You will be presented with a mind-boggling selection. iFiles is just
one example of a solution which will do what you want.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948