Hi Chris,

Try to open Nikon Scan 4.02 and if Rosetta is not already installed Snow
Leopard will display a dialogue saying that you need Rosetta to run this
program and offer to download and install it for you.
Clicking 'Not Now' stops the installation process, and your application won't
launch.
Clicking 'Install'  downloads and installs Rosetta from Apple's servers so your
app can properly launch.

Or you can install Rosetta from the Optional Installs on your Snow Leopard
Installation DVD.
Insert the Snow Leopard installation DVD, open the Optional Installs folder,
double-click the Optional Installs.mpkg file, and follow the installer
instructions.

Cheers,
Ronni.

Sent from Ronni's iPad