Hi Adrian,

You are making it more difficult for me to keep helping, by not including my
previous text 'thread' in your replies
I have to keep referring back to what I have already sent you.

How did you install Lion first?
Did you create a Recovery Partition in the initial install?
Does your computer only have ONE partition?

Sounds like you might not have installed the 'Recovery Partition HD' when you
installed Lion.
The Recovery HD will only be created if you install Lion on the drive using the
Lion installer. Restoring a backup will not create the Recovery HD.

The recovery partition is a hidden partition to take the place of the old disks
if you need to run diagnostics or repairs.

If you cloned, it got wiped out in the process (it will do that because both
CCC and SuperDuper can only clone one partition and don't recognize the other
because it is hidden).

You do need the Recovery Partition HD for the Find My Mac feature to work, also
File Vault.

To check whether you do or don't have the partition.
Restart with the Option key held down - if you are not presented with an option
to boot from the recovery partition, you don't have it.

If that is the case, you 'might' be able to reinstall Lion without having to
Wipe your Drive.
But first you could try running the Lion 10.7.3 Combo Update over top of your
Lion install and see if that re-creates the Recovery Partition.
<http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484>

I will be returning home sometime today, but until then I will be offline again.

Sent from Ronni's iPad