Thanks again Ronni, managed to get it all set up ok.

Details were; iPhone 4, ios6, latest iTunes downloaded this weekend, win7
laptop.

All going well now, I managed through Wikipedia to locate the contacts address
book (Start> wab.exe) where iTunes synchs contacts. Windows is certainly not my
OS of choice, it is out of necessity driven by my employer I have to use it.
Also the MIL made the decision to use Win cost based. Oh well.

Regards

Pete