thanks to those who provided advice on my upgrade form 10.6.8 to Lion 10.7.5 -
Daniel , Ronni etc

I had a significant problem with iCloud after the update. - ie mail iCal,
address book not working at all ( crashing)

Eventually I rang Apple support and with the help of Harris in Sydney, fixed it
up - took about 90 mins on the phone and his screen watching utility

solution was a complete removal of User>Library folder

Evidently its a known fault that some people have issues with iCloud when
upgrading and the heavy weight solution is to remove the library altogether ,
then rebuild it slowly via Time machine.

So its now working okay

My peeves with Lion are

In Preview

Save As has gone. instead   we have "save a version", "duplicate" - which does
not suit me at all.
How do I change an image resolution /size now?

Lions Safari 5.1.7 does not work - (crashes on opening)

I copied v 5.1.10 from a macbook, and have to keep it in a separate folder .

chow

gdorn
gd...@mac.com