I've checked the TM backup using a macbook - it was visible  and readable in
Finder. ( dec 5 2015)

I've downloaded DiskMaker X and have started the making of the Mavericks
installer to USB - how long ought this take - so far its been saying

" DiskMaker X prepares your disk ... please wait "

for over 60 minutes now.

http://diskmakerx.com/whats-this/

chow

gdorn