Tony,

I’ve been given a Telstra TV as part of a cable upgrade and it comes with
Bigpond movies. They cost around the same as the prices you are finding in
iTunes.

The other options such as Presto, Netflix, Stan all have free month or three
month trials and contain movies as well as TV shows. They cost around $10 - $15
a month.

I’ve been swayed to the new and exciting thing, Telstra TV, but am sure I will
still use Apple TV as well. The TV has 4 HDMI slots - still two to fill!!

Foxtel sports on Telstra TV is a disappointment as you have to pay more to get
the live TV coverages. Foxtel also requires you to view at the scheduled time,
not on demand like Presto etc.

You’ve also got bit torrent options that might use mysterious and sneaky work
arounds to download ‘the latest’ of everyone.

Plenty of options for the coach potato.  :-)
Few completely legal options are free.

Tim